Generosity Sunday is April 29th!
On Sunday, April 15th, Andy kicked off a 3-week mini-series called, "The Compelling Community" and preached on generosity (sermon link). Andy shared that we have two big financial needs in our church - funding our move and relaunch at Jefferson Elementary and blessing the Arandas - and together we want to raise $12,000 to meet them on April 29th.
To help prepare our hearts to give, we want to encourage you to set aside 15-20 minutes this week to intentionally think through and pray about what your gift will be, and use the following questions to help you:
- Take a couple min to prayerfully think through what you’d like to give. (2 Cor 9:7)
- Once you’ve decided on a number, ask God, is this gift sacrificial? (Luke 21:1-4)
- Do I plan to follow through on giving this gift? What do I need to do to remember to give it? (2 Cor 9:1-5)
- Does this gift demonstrate that I worship Jesus, not money? (Luke 16:13)
- Am I excited about this gift? (2 Cor. 9:6-8)
- Is this gift motivated by gratitude for the grace shown to me? (2 Cor. 8:9)
Once you're ready, you can click on the link below to give!
We pray that God's generosity towards us would fuel our hearts and our gifts!
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." 2 Cor 8:9
In his Grace,
The Uptown Leadership Team